Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Del.icio.us Dawdlings

Using Del.icio.us in libraries could be a great tool as we create more wikis for research topics. One way to use it that I thought would be particularly useful was the OCLC organization's creating of tagged book records that appeared in WorldCat by subject. I could see some good uses for tagging book records and creating bibliographies especially when Oakton's holding are listed.

I love the word folksonomy to describe this tool!

Comparing Del.icio.us with Google, I chose to look up Volvos since we just got a new old one. In Del.icio.us I found 100, many of which could be useful. Googling Volvos resulted in over 2 million hits and of course, a lot were sales sites. Definitely, in this case Del.icio.us won out.

1 comment:

librarydiva said...

I also love the word folksonomy. I agree it would be great to use de.icio.us to create bibliographies.