Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Flickr and YouTube


I had been familiar with Youtube, but had never used Flickr before. It was a lot of fun playing with pictures and I added some pictures I had on my Oakton account since I am the last holdout from buying a digital camera.

Gretchen helped me with many find out about some of the cool features in both Flickr and Youtube and I experimented with placing a video on my blog. It was a cute video of a boston terrier, but I decided to take it off the blog. Just a warning to any of you when you edit videos and comments off of your blog they still appear on the RSS feed in the reader. Another example of this happening was when I was looking at Uri's comments in my Google Reader and wanted to see a video he had put on his blog. We discovered that he had edited it off the blog, but it was still posted on Google Reader, but the video was gone.

2 comments:

Rich said...

that's a good point, rose. i saw that youtube link on uri's blog, too, but i guess by the time i read about it on my google reader he removed it. i'll have to ask him to see it later. i saw that video you had on your site. it was cute.

i'm glad you had fun playing with flickr!

Gretchen Schneider said...

I didn't know that! Thanks for sharing the info. I didn't know the video would stay there. It makes me wonder if edited posts are shown multiple times in reader...